Weltwaerts
Weltwaerts is a volunteering scheme for international development by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), for people between 18 and 28 years of age.

The IIYW is working together with a German sending organization, the Indo-German Cooperation (DIZ) based in Frankfurt. In July 2013, the IIYW welcomed its first two volunteers to come through this scheme. They will stay for a period of 9 months until mid-April 2014 and are engaged in a variety of IIYW’s projects.

The BMZ and the German sending agency, the Indo-German Cooperation (DIZ), guarantee that their volunteers will neither receive payment for their services nor substitute working positions of Indian citizens. The cost of the volunteer’s stay in Nagpur (including flights, accommodation, insurance etc) is covered to 75% by the BMZ and the remaining 25% are covered by the sending agency and through fundraising by the volunteer. Weltwaerts aims to support NGOs in developing countries, to develop the skills of young persons interested in international development, to encourage intercultural exchange and to foster global learning partnerships. Therefore, raising awareness about the host country (in this case India) and about issues such as globalisation and international development, both in Germany and the wider world, is an important role of the volunteers.

© 2017 IIYW. All Rights Reserved   |   Design by A1 Software Solution